The following are factually taken from Old Mutual's website (2012 Stats):
1. 96 % of all policyholders would not be able to retire at age 65.
2. Of the 4 % balance 50 % would not be able to retire at age 70.
One out of every 10 Clients with any Insurance Company dies within the FIRST THREE years that he is on books.
4. There is a 7 TIMES bigger risk that any client would fall sick of a DREADED DISEASE during his economical active life, that the would
suffer from a PERMANENT DISABILITY...
5. There is an average 6,5 years Life Expectancy after the diagnosis of a Dreaded Disease, before the client's Death Certificate is being submitted with Old Mutual with average age of diagnosis...50 yrs
6. There is an 80 % chance of a 65 year old Client at Old Mutual, that he would grow old till age 80....