It is of utmost importance that you discuss at least once a week to ONCE A MONTH your plans with your adviser....and remember that he cannot read your mind and your plans.
1. Even a simple thing like securing your debt (may seem to you as a consumer not complex) but that would make an amazing difference in your life if that is properly discussed and planned.
2. Discussing change of occupation or residential address, for instance would make an enormous impact on your life (from a monetary perspective)...and not necessary negatively all the time.
3. Smoking habits are crucial to affect your risk product...although our contracts only are being positively affected by the termination of your smoking habits. You do not need to inform us when you have started smoking again....although on NEW BUSINESS, you would be seen and validated as a smoker...but then only on the new business.
4.30 % of all South Africans will rely on the value of their homes to fund their retirement planning.
5. 33 % of all South Africans rely on their children to take care of them when they are old....
6. 50 % of All South Africans believe that either their children/or the government will take care of them when they are unable to take care of themselves.
7.Retirement Savings need to last for at least 14,2 years after retirement.
8.Check and get confirmation from your broker/adviser that your Life Insurance is PRICED for LIFE....
9.Check and get confirmation that your Life/Risk Insurance is fighting INFLATION by the inflation rate or more....we have a 10 % facility that you as a consumer can pegg...to fight inflation with your cover, and NOT ONLY with the premium....